Biosis is looking to appoint a Zoologist to join our team in Wollongong. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, you will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team in Wollongong and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
Biosis has undertaken many ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists, Botanists, GIS Operators, and Zoologists. We have offices in Wollongong, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Newcastle, Sydney and Wangaratta.
As part of the Wollongong office you will have all of the advantages of living in one of NSW’s premier regional centres; all of the services of a big city but with affordable housing, short commuting times and a relaxed lifestyle. You will have the opportunity to work in a range of natural environments with a diverse range of clients.
We are seeking a Zoologist with require experience in fauna surveys and biodiversity legislation, capable of providing environmental advice and guidance to our clients. Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and managing projects, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include; survey design and implementation, proposal writing, marketing and establishing a profile in the professional community as an ecologist/zoologist.
- A good understanding of ecology, with a focus on botany or zoology.
- Flora and/or fauna identification skills. Experience in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven or Southern Highlands region will be viewed favourably.
- Enthusiasm for undertaking fieldwork in challenging terrain.
- Experience in managing data and preparing simple reports.
To be considered for this role, candidates must provide evidence of the following:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in ecology and or botany.
- A minimum of two years zoological experience, ideally in consultancy or the public sector.
- Broad fauna and habitat identification skills, with a focus on the Illawarra, South Coast and/or Southern Highlands regions.
- Experience with field survey design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State legislation with regard to ecology.
- Strong report writing and proposal writing skills.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or similar software packages
- Experience in customer service and client relationship management.
- Basic experience in sales and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Experience with project management, including budgets.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A current manual driver’s license.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in flora and fauna assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and Training Program.
- Study Assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Social Activities.
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for ecology that are looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria outlined above, to:
Rebecca Steer, Resource Group Manager – email@example.com
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 12 December 2016
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.