Biosis consultants possess a wealth of experience in historical heritage consulting within Australia.
Australia’s historical archaeology, historic buildings, cultural landscapes and intangible heritage are protected under local, state and territory and Commonwealth legislation.
Biosis Historical Heritage and Archaeology teams deliver heritage management advice during project planning and permit application stages.
Our specialist teams are experts in industrial heritage, cultural conservation, community-based studies and maritime archaeology and they pride themselves on achieving best practice outcomes to the standards of Australia International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists (AACAI).
Biosis Historical Heritage Services include:
- conservation management plans
- site surveys and excavations
- assessment of risks to cultural heritage and potential impacts
- impact and risk minimisation strategies
- archaeological and cultural landscape significance assessments
- preparation of archaeological zoning plans
- heritage of industrial sites and landscapes
- management plans for cultural heritage sites, places and landscapes
- local government heritage studies
- compliance assessments (consents and permits, EPBC)
- site monitoring
- historic area conservation and management
- community consultation
- community-based heritage and social value studies
Biosis Specialist Historical Heritage Services include:
- Aboriginal and Historic Heritage Advice – Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006 and Victorian Heritage Act 1995
- cultural heritage inductions and induction toolkits
- cultural heritage implications in environmental management
- heritage management plans
- historic bridge heritage value
- maritime archaeology
- salvage compliance
- social value and intangible heritage assessments