Biosis are looking to appoint a Senior Botanist to join our team in Wollongong. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, your role will be to lead business development in the ecology team in Wollongong and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
You will provide ecological advice and guidance to our clients, undertake ecological assessments, manage and participate in projects, produce high level technical reports and proposals, maintain a profile in the professional community as a Botanist. The successful applicant will be a driver of business and responsible for developing the clients in the ecology section of the Wollongong Office, reporting to and working closely with the Regional Manager.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Botany
- A minimum of ten years ecological experience in either a consultancy or the public sector
- Experience in client liaison and consultation
- Experience in marketing and business development
- Experience in tender preparation and client management
- Experience in project management and budget controls
- Comprehensive report writing and proposal writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Commonwealth and State legislation
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS and accounts, an experienced team in ecological assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide the successful applicant with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, relocation assistance if required, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a permanent Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits, some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Mentoring and Training Program
- Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sporting Sponsorships
- Social Activities
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia
This permanent opportunity will allow you to continue to develop your already well developed knowledge and experience within the botany field whilst being recognised as a key contributor throughout NSW.
To find out more about Biosis, please visit: www.biosis.com.au
To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Nathan Garvey, Wollongong Resource Group Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Position Description
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 02 June 2014
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.