Biosis is looking to appoint a Senior Archaeologist to join our team in Wollongong. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, your role will be to lead the archaeology team in Wollongong and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
You will provide historical and Aboriginal archaeology advice and guidance to our clients, undertake Aboriginal and historical heritage assessments, Aboriginal community consultation, manage and participate in projects, produce high level technical reports and proposals, maintain a profile in the professional community as an archaeologist and manage staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing the cultural heritage section of the Wollongong office, reporting to and working closely with the Regional Manager.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Archaeology
- A minimum of five years Aboriginal and historical experience in either a consultancy or the public sector. Rock art experience in the Sydney region will be looked upon favourably
- Experience in client liaison and consultation
- Experience in marketing and business development including tender preparation and client management
- Experience in project management and budget controls
- Comprehensive report writing and proposal writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Commonwealth and State legislation
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in OHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in heritage assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, relocation assistance if required, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a permanent Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits, some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Mentoring and Training Program
- Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sporting Sponsorships
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Social Activities
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia
This permanent opportunity will allow you to continue to develop your already well developed knowledge and experience within the archaeology field whilst being recognised as a key contributor throughout NSW.
To find out more about Biosis, please visit: www.biosis.com.au
For more information, contact Michelle Ditton on 0419 347 480. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Michelle Ditton, Senior HR Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.