Biosis Pty Ltd, a leader in ecology and heritage consulting, is seeking to appoint a full-time Research Assistant (Ecology) for 12 months in our Wollongong Office.
Biosis has undertaken many ecology and cultural heritage projects throughout south-east Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Archaeologists, Aquatic Ecologists, Botanists, GIS Operators and Zoologists. We have offices in Wollongong, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Brisbane, Hobart, Melbourne, Ballarat and Wangaratta.
As part of the Wollongong office you will have all of the advantages of living in one of NSW’s premier regional centres; all of the services of a big city but with affordable housing, short commuting times and a relaxed lifestyle. You will have the opportunity to work in a range of natural environments with a diverse range of clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be working with our consulting team to provide essential logistical, research and administrative support.
The successful applicant must be:
- Well organised and a clear proactive communicator.
- A practical problem solver who can think on their feet.
- Passionate about ecology with a bachelor degree in science, environmental science, ecology (or a related field) and a keen desire to be part of a team of specialist consultants.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Proficient with technology and experienced in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Competent with database management, report writing and administrative duties.
A current driver’s licence (with the ability to drive manual cars); previous experience in logistics; and experience working in the ecology field is essential. Previous experience working in a consulting environment will be looked upon favourably, but is not essential.
We will offer a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience of the successful applicant.
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume with a covering letter that highlights your relevant experience, to:
Catherine Millar – email@example.com
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 8 May 2017
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.