Biosis is looking to appoint a Project Management Administrator to join our team in Sydney. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of highly regarded professionals, you will be expected to provide administrative and project management support to the consulting team and senior management across our Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle offices (note: the role will be based in our Sydney office).
Biosis has undertaken many ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Botanists, Zoologists, Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists and GIS Operators. We have offices in Sydney, Wollongong, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Newcastle and Wangaratta.
Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a short walk from Redfern or Green Square Train Station. This provides access to all the services of Sydney without the hassle of traffic and parking. The role will require occasional travel to Newcastle and Wollongong, for which travel costs will be covered.
This role will work closely with the Sydney Resource Group Manager to support the successful delivery of projects across NSW. Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Assist senior management and other senior staff with both project and non-project related administration duties.
- Project management administration for NSW consultant team.
- Conduct planning and organisational tasks in order to coordinate the work of others.
- Undertake maintenance and organisation of the project management database.
- Develop and maintain internal project management systems.
- Undertake logistical support, planning and administration for projects.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budget tracking spreadsheets and the invoicing of projects as required.
- Assist in the preparation of ecology and heritage field surveys as required.
- Assist with proposal preparation.
- Support others in implementing sales actions while being involved in an appropriate level of personal sales work.
- Provide administration support to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must satisfy the following selection criteria:
Key selection criteria
- A minimum of two years’ experience in logistics, administration and project management preferably in consultancy.
- Strong written communication skills including report and proposal writing.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Experience in database management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills and the ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Competency with MS word, excel, outlook, and/or similar software packages.
- A current manual driver’s license.
Desirable selection criteria
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. environmental science, ecology, archaeology, planning).
- Previous experience working in ecology, heritage and environmental approvals or within a consulting environment.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS and accounts, an experienced team and a supportive work culture. We will provide the successful applicant with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional development allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits.
As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee reward and recognition program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and training program.
- Study assistance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Social activities.
- Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
How to apply:
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Catherine Millar at email@example.com.
Please include the following with your application:
- Your contact details (postal address and contact phone number).
- A current resume with at least two referees.
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria, with examples that clearly demonstrate your achievements in relation to each criterion (half to full page for each response).
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 31 March February 2017
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.