Biosis is looking to appoint an Ecologist to join our growing team in North East Victoria and southern NSW. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, you will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects. The position will be located in the Albury-Wodonga region and will be expected to work and travel throughout southern and western NSW and northern Victoria.
Biosis has undertaken many ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout south-eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists, Botanists, Environmental Planners, GIS Operators and Zoologists. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Newcastle, Sydney, Wangaratta and Wollongong. Our Albury office is being established and will be located close to the CBD and Albury Railway Station.
Biosis is seeking an Ecologist with at least three years professional experience. We are looking for someone with sound field ecology skills, particularly botany and native vegetation assessment, and a person who can quickly develop client relationships and build market presence in the Albury-Wodonga and southern NSW region. You will have strong verbal and written communications skills, and be capable of working in teams or independently, in rural and remote areas. At times you will be expected to travel and work away from the office for fieldwork, sometimes for periods of time up to a week. It will be essential that you can provide sound advice and guidance to our clients on environmental matters and development approvals.
Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and managing projects, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include marketing and sales, survey design and implementation, proposal writing, and establishing a profile in the professional community as an Ecologist in the Albury-Wodonga and southern NSW region.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in ecology, natural resource management and/or botany.
- At least three years experience in field ecology, preferably at a consultancy, NGO or in the public sector.
- Broad plant and vegetation identification skills with specific experience in southern and western NSW, and northern Victoria.
- Experience with the NSW biometric data collection methods and the Victorian Habitat Hectare methodology would be looked upon favorably.
- Experience with field survey design and implementation.
- Strong report and proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth, State and local biodiversity protection regulations in NSW and Victoria.
- Proven experience in sales, client relationship management and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS word, excel, outlook, and/or similar software packages.
- A familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and their use in natural resource management.
- A current manual driver’s license is a must with 4WD experience looked upon favorably.
- A willingness to travel and work away from the office, including demonstrated work experience in rural and remote areas.
- Experience with project management, including budgets.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in flora and fauna assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and Training Program.
- Study Assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Social Activities.
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for ecology and a desired to work closely with clients that are looking to become part of a regionally-based team.
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV, covering letter and an addressed selection criteria, to: Aaron Troy, Victorian Resource Group Manager email@example.com
A position description and selection criteria is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au. Please note applications will not be accepted without an addressed selection criteria.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 10 March 2017
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.