Biosis is looking to appoint a Field Archaeologist to join our team in Sydney. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, you will be expected to become an integral member of the cultural heritage team in NSW and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
Biosis has undertaken many ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes; Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists, Botanists, GIS Operators, and Zoologists. We have offices in Sydney, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Newcastle, Sydney, Wangaratta and Wollongong. Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD (Alexandria) and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a short walk from Redfern and Green Square Stations. This provides access to all the services of Sydney without the hassle of traffic and parking.
Biosis is seeking an archaeologist with basic technical field skills and experience in field archaeology, capable of providing cultural heritage advice and guidance to our clients. Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and potentially managing small projects, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include; survey design and implementation, proposal writing, client relationship management and establishing a profile in the professional community as an archaeologist.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in archaeology.
- A firm grasp of established field survey, excavation and report writing techniques.
- Functional understanding of Commonwealth and State legislation with regard to archaeology.
- Knowledge of field survey design and implementation.
- Basic experience in marketing and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS word, excel, outlook and/or similar software packages.
- A current manual driver’s license is a must along with a keen desire to be part of a team of specialist consultants.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in archaeological assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, relocation assistance if required, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a permanent Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits, some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and Training Program.
- Study Assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for archaeology and looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Rebecca Steer on 0428 126 140. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to Rebecca Steer, Wollongong Resource Group Manager (on behalf of the Sydney Resource Group) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 17 June 2016.
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only and must be willing to work full time in our Sydney Office.