Biosis are looking to appoint a Botanist to join our team in Melbourne. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, you will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team in Melbourne and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout Victoria.
Biosis has undertaken many ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout south-eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists, Botanists, Environmental Planners, GIS Operators and Zoologists. We have offices in Melbourne, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney, Wangaratta and Wollongong.
Our Melbourne office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a very short walk from the North Port Tram Stop. This provides access to all the services of Melbourne without the hassle of traffic and parking.
Biosis is seeking a Botanist with experience in field botany, capable of providing environmental advice and guidance to our clients. Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and managing projects, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include; survey design and implementation, proposal writing, sales and establishing a profile in the professional community as a Botanist.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in ecology and or botany.
- A minimum of three years botanical experience, preferably in consultancy or the public sector.
- Broad plant identification skills, preferably with experience in Victoria.
- Strong report writing and proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State legislation with regard to ecology.
- Experience with field survey design and implementation.
- Experience in client liaison and consultation.
- Basic experience in sales, client relationship management and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS word, excel , outlook, and/or similar software packages
- A current manual driver’s license is a must along with a keen desire to be part of a team of specialist consultants.
- Experience with project management, including budgets.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in flora and fauna assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and Training Program.
- Study Assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Social Activities.
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for ecology that are looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Aaron Troy, Melbourne Resource Group Manager email@example.com
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 5 May 2017
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.